Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My first and final roll of Kodachrome

As many of you l have known as of the 30th of December 2010, processing for perhaps one of the most famous film emulsions Kodachrome finished. I was fairly late to the film photography game and most of my experience has been with negative material in both colour and monochrome. However with the deadline of processing set by Dwayne's photo in Kansas I was determined to at least shoot one roll. I actually ended up shooting 10 rolls, however 9 of those rolls were super 8mm cartridges which will be shortly cut into a short film which I will hopefully share soon.

The photos below represent a small photo documentary I did with my one and only roll of Kodachrome. At the time I was having a holiday in Hawaii and out of curiosity decided to visit my first session of roller derby. The combination of gorgeous light, brights colours and high speed action convinced me that this was the time to use my lone roll. Once I had made it back to NZ I packaged my film up and sent it to Dwayne's in Kansas. I then proceeded to wait by the mailbox for several weeks. The end of Kodachrome is a sad time for many photographers but at least we have those small pieces of film and cardboard that store our memories.

Hopefully you enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them!












1 comments:

Kinoz July 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM  

The color reminds me of old NGEO magazine.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP